Introducing the Candela Gentle LASER System, designed to safely remove unwanted hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually completed in less than ten minutes; legs, back and larger areas can take as little as half an hour.
What conditions are treated with the laser?
Traditional hair removal techniques such as shaving, plucking, waxing and depilatory creams provide only temporary relief. Until now, the only recognized way to remove hair permanently has been by electrolysis. The GentleLASE System safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin.
What does the treatment include?
Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally, the treatment will include:
- Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and the patient's eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A small handpiece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later, depending on the skin reaction.
- Most patients experience little discomfort because of the dynamic cooling device.
- The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner before receiving the laser treatment.
- The procedure can take as little as 10 minutes or up to an hour, depending on the area treated.
- The treated area may become pink or red within 30 minutes of treatment; this may last from a few hours to a couple of days and is relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.
What precautions should be taken before and after treatment?
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allows it.
- You must avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment to optimize results.
- You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve with your practitioner. Together, you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
How many treatments will I need?
Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color, hair color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 2-3 treatments as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
Is the Procedure covered by insurance?
Most insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for cosmetic procedures. However, consult with your insurance carrier for more information.
- There is no charge for a consultation
- There is a $50.00 test stop fee which must be done prior to receiving a full treatment.
- Most treatments are scheduled with follow up every 6 weeks.
- There are no hidden fees.
- Payment is required at the time of service.
- We accept Cash, Checks, Visa, & Mastercard.
^Back to top